The Volunteer Program Coordinator position is located in the Branch of Learning Venues and Visitor Experience, Office of Education & Outreach, National Museum of Natural History (NMNH), Smithsonian Institution.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of this position is to assist with the day-to-day management of the Volunteer Experience program, including recruitment, scheduling, evaluation, professional enrichment, and communication. An important aspect of the position is to ensure a high standard of visitor centric, scientifically accurate, and relevant training is provided regularly both for new and legacy volunteers.
- Assists in the management of the central office of public-facing volunteers, which includes recruitment, training, and evaluation of volunteers and centralized reporting, and communication.
- Coordinates with the Volunteer Manager to develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment and training initiative.
- Assists in interviewing and evaluation of prospective volunteers to identify skills, interests, knowledge, education, and experience.
- Communicates clearly, courteously, and effectively to all visitors, volunteers, and staff.
- Responds to telephone calls and emails within three business days.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to current and former Federal employees with permanent status or reinstatement eligibility. Individuals who are eligible for a special appointing authority may also apply; such as applicants with a disability, former Peace Corps volunteers, certain military spouses, veterans seeking a VRA/VEOA appointment, or veterans who have been separated from armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461590100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.