About the Agency
The Volunteer Program Coordinator position is located in the Branch of Learning Venues and Visitor Experience, Office of Education & Outreach, National Museum of Natural History (NMNH), Smithsonian Institution.
The purpose of this position is to assist with the day-to-day management of the Volunteer Experience program, including recruitment, scheduling, evaluation, professional enrichment, and communication. An important aspect of the position is to ensure a high standard of visitor centric, scientifically accurate, and relevant training is provided regularly both for new and legacy volunteers.
- Assists in the management of the central office of public-facing volunteers, which includes recruitment, training, and evaluation of volunteers and centralized reporting, and communication.
- Coordinates with the Volunteer Manager to develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment and training initiative.
- Assists in interviewing and evaluation of prospective volunteers to identify skills, interests, knowledge, education, and experience.
- Communicates clearly, courteously, and effectively to all visitors, volunteers, and staff.
- Responds to telephone calls and emails within three business days.