About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Smithsonian Institution (SI). The incumbent performs a variety of duties to support the overall facility maintenance.
- Performs a variety of building cleaning tasks using appropriate cleaning methods, chemical handling procedures, and proper equipment operation and maintenance.
- Assists with labor tasks as required to include moving, arranging, and lifting heavy objects, building materials, furniture, and collections.
- Notifies supervisor or leader of apparent defects in building and exhibit systems such as but not limited to leaks, cracks, breaks, unusual smells, etc., as well as apparent safety hazards.
- Performs various duties such as moving, arranging, and lifting very large and unusually heavy material and collections.
- Operates gas or liquid propane-powered, self propelled ride-on, and other equipment.