The Inspector General heads an independent organization responsible for audit, investigation, fraud control, and designated security services related to all Department of Labor (DOL) programs and operations. The Inspector General provides leadership and coordination and recommends policies for activities designated to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the administration of programs and operations, as well as to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in such operations in accordance with the Inspector General Act of 1978.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Audit (OA) is responsible for conducting and supervising audits relating to the Department of Labor’s programs and operations; recommending policies for activities designed to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the administration of the Department’s programs and operations; and preventing and detecting fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in these programs and operations.
The Information Technology Audits (ITA) function, located in Washington, D.C., has responsibility for performing audits, evaluations, and reviews of information and information technology (IT) in the following areas across the DOL enterprise: information collection, handling, processing, and distribution; IT systems’ hardware, software and infrastructure; information security; and system development life cycle phases. Additionally, ITA operates a data mining and analytics function to support OA’s ongoing audit work and future audit planning efforts. Due to maintaining a high-level of IT expertise, ITA is often called upon to review government-wide and departmental policies, processes and practices.
No Permanent Change of Station funds (PCS) will not be offered. Relocation Incentive may be offered.
This position is outside the bargaining unit.
Position is at the full performance level.
1. Serves as an OIG technical expert on information and information technology issues to OIG management officials at headquarters and the program offices involving current and future OA projects.
2. Plans, organizes, conducts, and reports on IT projects or major segment of such a project for OIG or Department-wide program and activity involving IT. Coordinates concurrent audits and in conjunction with OIG policies and standards, establishes audit guidelines and procedures on technical matters including monitoring of ongoing audit work, audit working papers, and review and processing of final and draft reports for compliance with Comptroller General and OIG standards.
3. Develops and modifies objectives, work plans, guidelines, scope, methods, staff requirements and time schedules to meet project needs, and prepares IT findings by reviewing IT findings prepared staff, or by others, and ensures IT findings are supported by competent and relevant documentation. Directs development of periodic workload forecasts and makes decisions on work problems and resource requirements for Headquarters planning and control purposes.
4. Directs and supervises the activities of ITA Auditors, Program Analysts and Specialists to assure the quality of work and the resulting project reports, and evaluates performance, recommends awards and takes disciplinary action, when warranted. Coordinates specific supervisory audit and administrative responsibilities for carrying out audit programs and administrative support functions.
5. Undertakes projects covering new IT modernizations or major modifications to existing systems for effectiveness, efficiency and economy of operations. Advises officials with broader and higher responsibilities on problems involving the DOL programs and the OIG's impact on such programs.
Occasional travel - Subject to travel of 20% or greater.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current/former Federal employees w/ competitive/reinstatement eligibility; ICTAP and CTAP eligibles in the local commuting area; Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461548300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.