If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career, this is the position for you! With a diverse and talented workforce of over 100,000 men and women, Justice leads the Nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. You will be part of a dedicated team helping to enforce Federal criminal and civil laws that protect life, liberty and the property of citizens.
The United States Attorney's Office (USAO)/Executive Office for United States' Attorneys (EOUSA) is a great place to work. The Department of Justice ranked #3 out of 19 large agencies and EOUSA/United States Attorneys' Offices ranked #43 out of 320 agency subcomponents in a study, "The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government, 2015 Ratings" published by the Partnership for Public Service. See http://bestplacestowork.org/BPTW/index.php.
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
To view the entire announcement, including instructions on how to apply, click on tabs above.
If selected for this position, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for providing technical and analytical assistance involving litigation support for both criminal and civil cases. Typical work assignments will include:
tracking and analyzing thousands of items of evidence, data elements, and
digital imaging applications.
- Preparing, organizing, indexing, developing, and managing exhibits, evidence, and/or other data relevant to case presentation before a jury, grand jury or in other legal proceedings.
- Providing technical advice to litigation teams on legal automation requirements and systems capabilities to facilitate litigation decisions, trial preparation and trial presentation.
- Determining case requirements to develop or recommend appropriate strategies to meet litigation needs.
- Assisting and/or training attorneys and legal support staff in organizing voluminous case information for efficient retrieval through automated means such as scanning, indexing and controlling of documents into a database.
- Assuring documents are organized for efficient automated storage and retrieval by preparing appropriate indices, defining data file search criteria and indexing/coding fields
- Monitoring the progress of computer data entry efforts; preparing computerized trial presentation programs.
- Evaluating the efficiency of litigation support technology to ensure that it is responsive to the attorneys and case needs, and represents the best methodology available.
- Recommending a variety of software packages including database, spreadsheet and word processing applications based on which software would be most effective for case presentations.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining litigation support equipment and maintaining control of office litigation support equipment inventory.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel for Training