This vacancy is for a few Economist positions primarily located in the Social Economic and Housing Statistics Division (SEHSD), the Center for Economic Studies (CES), and the Center for Administrative Records Research and Applications (CARRA) located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line - Suitland Station.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Read the `Who May Apply`section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see BOC-2017-0107, Economist, GS-0110-12/13, CENSUS-MP-LRC.
This position is ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval)
Relocation expenses may be paid.
This is a BARGAINING unit position.
This position may be filled through means other than the competitive promotion process and more than one position may be filled within the U.S. Census Bureau under this announcement.
**Multiple selections may be made from various directorates within the Census Bureau from this announcement for a position with the same title, series, grade(s), promotion potential, general job responsibilities and duty location **
The individual selected for this position will:
- Develop, plan, and conduct research in multiple topic areas using administrative, demographic, household, linked employer-employee, and establishment- and firm-level data.
- Conduct research to improve social and economic measurement.
- Serve as expert on development and use of various administrative, demographic, household, linked employer-employee, and establishment- and firm-level data sets available at the Census Bureau.
- Serve as technical expert on studies of key importance to the Census Bureau.
- Prepare research papers for publication and present research results at conferences and seminars.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461459300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.