About the Position:
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available.
Business travel could be required on some positions filled from this solicitation.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Permanent, Term, Part-time, intermittent or temporary positions will be filled from this solicitation.
Supervisory and non-supervisory positions will be filled from this solicitation.
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
As a Psychiatrist in the Department of the Army, duties may include the following:
- Providing treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, examining, diagnosing and treating diseases affecting mental health including the brain, nervous system, substance abuse of drugs or chemicals and personality disturbances.
- Specializing in treating mental illness using the biomedical approach to mental disorders, including psychotherapies.
- Providing treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, assessment, medication management and disposition of psychiatric patients including making arrangements for hospitalization if needed.
- Providing routine, intensive, complex and emergency intakes and extended evaluations for a variety of emotional, psychological, and behavioral disorders.
- Providing continuing follow-up care for chronic patients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions, etc.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461277800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.