Vacancy ID: 1886801
Indian Self-Determination Specialist, GS-1101-12,
Posn.# 3030009, Navajo Region,
Deputy Regional Director-Indian Services,
Branch of Self-Determination Services,
Gallup, New Mexico
GS-12: $71,025 - $92,332 Per Annum
NOTE: DUE TO THE URGENCY IN FILLING THIS POSITION, THE LENGTH OF ADVERTISEMENT HAS SHORTENED. TRAVEL AND RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED. ANY RELOCATION EXPENSE ASSOCIATED WITH REPORTING FOR DUTY WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SELECTED EMPLOYEE.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7).Learn more about this agency
VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACT (VEOA):Preference eligibles may apply for permanent positions (career or career-conditional appointments) under merit promotion procedures for VEOA appointments; however, veteran's preference is not a factor in these appointments. To be eligible for a VEOA appointment, a veteran must be a preference eligible OR veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. Applicants must submit a copy of their DD-214 for verification of eligibility. For more information, click here: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx#veoa
FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES: Former Federal Employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. The majority of individuals, who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Provides assistance in the implementation and administration of Public Law 93-638 (Indian Self-Determination and Education and Assistance Act of 1975).
- Serve as the principal staff advisor to the Administrative Manager, Superintendent and program staff in the interpretation of self-determination legislation, implementing regulations.
- Serves as the Awarding Official for the award, administration, management, modification, and close-out of contracts and grants administered through the Agency.
- Responsible for the negotiation and resolution of problems arising under contracts and grants.
- Attends tribal council meetings and other tribal committee.
- Advises the Administrative Manager, Superintendent, and pertinent Agency staff of tribal concerns, initiatives, and difficulties as the situation warrants.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for work assignments and/or training.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Indian Preference Eligibles / Current Status Employees or Former Employees with Reinstatement Eligibility / VEOA Eligible's
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461228600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.