About the Agency
ATTENTION: Due to the large number of qualified applicants for positions of this type, this job announcement will close at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on either: (A) The closing date listed above or (B) The date that 150 applications are received; whichever occurs first. If the announcement closes on the date that 150 applications are received, all applications submitted by 11:59pm that day will be given consideration, including those in excess of 150.
We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible to ensure their applications are submitted before the announcement closes. We will not consider applications which are late due to the announcement closing once the above number of applications is reached.
This position is located in the Cash Management Office (CMO) within the Accounting Operations Department (AO) of the Office of Finance & Accounting (OF&A) at the Smithsonian Institution (SI) in Arlington, VA. The employee is responsible for all cash management functions for SI, including appropriated and non-appropriated trust funds.
- Provides direction and leadership to a team of Accounting Technicians. Responsible for planning, assigning, and the completion of the team's daily workload, including monitoring work processed, and reviewing and approving assignments.
- Approves all financial transactions and provides guidance on issues/problems involving the full range of financial management services and data entry functions.
- Ensures the work of the team is accomplished through a variety of complex and secure systems at SI, banking institutions, merchant card partners, and the Federal Treasury.
- Uses knowledge and skills to suggest revisions to existing guidelines and assists in the development of control mechanisms, and applies experience to train SI's unit and provide specific guidance related to the procedural handling of cash, documents, and information.
- Analyzes and validates transactions which may involve research to resolve issues and/or inconsistencies.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities should apply to Job Announcement # 17R-LC-302419-MPA-OF&A
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.