About the Agency
This position is located in the Cash Management Office (CMO) within the Accounting Operations Department (AO) of the Office of Finance & Accounting (OF&A) at the Smithsonian Institution (SI) in Arlington, VA. The employee is responsible for all cash management functions for SI, including appropriated and non-appropriated trust funds.
- Provides direction and leadership to a team of Accounting Technicians. Responsible for planning, assigning, and the completion of the team's daily workload, including monitoring work processed, and reviewing and approving assignments.
- Approves all financial transactions and provides guidance on issues/problems involving the full range of financial management services and data entry functions.
- Ensures the work of the team is accomplished through a variety of complex and secure systems at SI, banking institutions, merchant card partners, and the Federal Treasury.
- Uses knowledge and skills to suggest revisions to existing guidelines and assists in the development of control mechanisms, and applies experience to train SI's unit and provide specific guidance related to the procedural handling of cash, documents, and information.
- Analyzes and validates transactions which may involve research to resolve issues and/or inconsistencies.