This position is located in the Office of Finance and Accounting (OF&A), Accounting Operations Department (AO), Vendor Maintenance Team (VM), at the Smithsonian Institution (SI) in Arlington, VA. The incumbent serves as VM technician and is responsible for various duties within the VM Team including, but not limited to, entering vendor and customer details in the financial accounting system, verifying banking and tax information, maintenance of electronic and paper files, problem resolution, and audit support.Learn more about this agency
- Performs data entry by assigning control data and processing requests to add or revise customer and/or vendor information in the Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable module.
- Maintains physical and electronic files and provides supporting documentation as requested.
- Verifies vendor information for accuracy and completeness or discrepancies.
- Provides quality customer service responding to inquiries and assisting Smithsonian personnel regarding completing and submitting appropriate forms.
- Reconciles payments, issues resolutions and corrections, and assists with vendor maintenance staff training and with developing new procedures/processes.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to current and former Federal employees with permanent status or reinstatement eligibility. Individuals who are eligible for a special appointing authority may also apply; such as applicants with a disability, former Peace Corps volunteers, certain military spouses, veterans seeking a VRA/VEOA appointment, or veterans who have been separated from armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461050100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.