About the Agency
ATTENTION: Due to the large number of qualified applicants for positions of this type, this job announcement will close at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on either: (A) The closing date listed above or (B) The date that 150 applications are received; whichever occurs first. If the announcement closes on the date that 150 applications are received, all applications submitted by 11:59pm that day will be given consideration, including those in excess of 150.
We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible to ensure their applications are submitted before the announcement closes. We will not consider applications which are late due to the announcement closing once the above number of applications is reached.
This position is located in the Office of Finance and Accounting (OF&A), Accounting Operations Department (AO), Vendor Maintenance Team (VM), at the Smithsonian Institution (SI) in Arlington, VA. The incumbent serves as VM technician and is responsible for various duties within the VM Team including, but not limited to, entering vendor and customer details in the financial accounting system, verifying banking and tax information, maintenance of electronic and paper files, problem resolution, and audit support.
- Performs data entry by assigning control data and processing requests to add or revise customer and/or vendor information in the Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable module.
- Maintains physical and electronic files and provides supporting documentation as requested.
- Verifies vendor information for accuracy and completeness or discrepancies.
- Provides quality customer service responding to inquiries and assisting Smithsonian personnel regarding completing and submitting appropriate forms.
- Reconciles payments, issues resolutions and corrections, and assists with vendor maintenance staff training and with developing new procedures/processes.