Vacancy ID: 1885259
INTERDISCIPLINARY: SUPERVISORY CIVIL/AGRICULTURAL ENGINEER, GS-0810/0890-12/13
Posn.#4610020, Navajo Region,
Deputy Regional Director-Trust Services,
Division of Engineering and Technical,
Navajo Indian Irrigation Project (NIIP),
Farmington, New Mexico
GS-13: $84,443 - $109,781 Per Annum
GS-12: $71,012 - $92,316 Per Annum
NOTE: TRAVEL AND RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED. ANY RELOCATION EXPENSE ASSOCIATED WITH REPORTING FOR DUTY WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SELECTED EMPLOYEE. GOVERNMENT HOUSING IS NOT AVAILABLE. THE PAY FLEXIBILITIES OF A RECRUITMENT BONUS, RELOCATION BONUS, AND STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT MAY BE AUTHORIZED BY THE MANAGER. THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING ADVERTISED UNDER MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER CRPA 63/17. STATUS APPLICANTS WHO WISH TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH MERIT PROMOTION AND COMPETITIVE PROCEDURES MUST SUBMIT A SEPARATE APPLICATION FOR EACH ANNOUNCEMENT.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service may be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7).
FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES: Former Federal Employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. The majority of individuals, who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: If the position is filled at a lower grade level, subsequent promotion to the next grade level will be processed without further competition under the Merit Promotion Program at such time as performance and qualification requirements are met and classification review discloses the duties being performed properly warrant classification to the next higher grade level.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Provide project Management on the engineering projects, reviewing project cost and schedule and ensuring project stay within baseline.
- Provide engineering support on irrigation and water systems design, construction, and construction management, providing expert interpretation on design and construction, cost estimates.
- Serve as the Awarding Official Technical Representative for P.L. 93-638 contracts with Navajo Nation providing technical assistance on contract and work. Employee will monitor contract and negotiate contracts renewal and modifications.
- Review technical complexity of Irrigation Project and ensure compliance with federal and tribal regulatory, such as National Environmental Policy Act, right-of-way, 401 and 404 permits.
- Provide short and long-term plans for projects, budgets and prepares annual work plans and report to supervisor.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for work assignments and/or training.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461029700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.