The Fraud Section, comprising over 160 federal prosecutors, investigates and prosecutes complex, multi-district and international white-collar criminal cases throughout the country and implements and coordinates the Department?s fraud enforcement policy. Fraud Section cases include corporate, securities and investment fraud; mass marketing fraud; mortgage fraud; procurement and government program fraud; foreign bribery (the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act); health care fraud; and other complex white-collar criminal schemes. The Fraud Section is composed of four subject matter units: Health Care Fraud; Securities & Financial Fraud; Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; and Strategy, Policy & Training. The Fraud Section is located in Washington DC, but the Health Care Fraud Unit has Medicare Fraud Strike Force operations in the following locations: Brooklyn, NY; Miami, FL; Tampa, FL; Detroit, MI; Chicago, IL; New Orleans/Baton Rouge, LA; Houston, TX; and Los Angeles, CA.Learn more about this agency
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
The Fraud Section is seeking to fill an Assistant Deputy Chief Position within the Health Care Fraud Unit. The incumbent will assist the Section Chief, Principal Deputy, Senior Deputy Chief, and the chief of the Health Care Fraud Unit in all aspects of Section leadership and in national and international law enforcement efforts to combat health care fraud. Upon accepting an offer of employment, applicants must make a three-year commitment to the Fraud Section.
Generally, as an Assistant Deputy Chief in the Health Care Fraud unit, the incumbent:
- Leads and oversees the work of the Health Care Fraud Unit's prosecutors and support staff.Advises prosecutors on strategic approaches to their health care fraud investigations, prosecutions and trials to ensure that the investigation and litigation of such matters are being handled appropriately and effectively.
- Ensures ongoing individual and team development, identifies and corrects performance deficiencies, advises the chief of the Health Care Fraud Unit about attorney assignments, and provides input to the chief of the Health Care Fraud Unit on performance evaluations.
- Assists and supports the Principal Deputy Chief, Senior Deputy Chief and chief of the Health Care Fraud Unit in the day-to-day operations of the Section, including providing input on budget allocation, hiring, personnel disciplinary actions, technology, and various Department reporting responsibilities.
- Assists in the management of the Section's programs to investigate and prosecute health care fraud.
- Coordinates with U.S. Attorneys' Offices, federal law enforcement agencies and foreign law enforcement officials in the development and management of multi-district health care fraud prosecutions.
- Serves as a liaison on white-collar criminal matters between the Criminal Division and other DOJ components, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General, state Medicare Fraud Control Units, and a variety of other law enforcement agencies and officials on white-collar crime issues.
25% or less - Regular travel will be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/461020400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.