About the Agency
GAO's work is designed to address four goals:
- to help the Congress address current and emerging challenges to the well-being and financial security of the American people;
- to help the Congress to respond to changing security threats and the challenges of global interdependence;
- to help transform the Federal government to address national challenges; and
- to maximize the value of GAO by enabling quality, timely service to Congress and by being a leading practices Federal agency.
Voted one of the best places to work in the federal government since 2005, we provide flexibilities and benefits to our employees. We promote dynamic and forward-thinking workplace practices. We foster an inclusive work environment that emphasizes continuous learning, personal and professional development, and incentives for exceptional performance. We promote equal opportunity for all staff without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. GAO's success in embracing and leveraging the diversity of its employees is central to our mission of serving a diverse American population through its congressional representatives.
To learn more about GAO please visit us on the web at http://www.gao.gov/careers/index.html.
This position is located in the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Internal Operations and Communications. The employee performs assignments that focus on evaluating GAO programs, operations, and policies within the scope of the CAO. The incumbent is involved in programs and processes that affect all of GAO and encompass the work of a wide variety of GAO organizations and managers.
- Serves as the project/program manager on numerous ad hoc projects/programs requiring the ability to identify issues and concerns, develop a process to evaluate a wide variety of situations, and report conclusions and recommendations.
- Serves as a liaison to or a member of CAO teams tasked with researching, analyzing, developing, and applying a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, assess, and improve administrative and operational programs.
- Collaborates with staff to develop methodologies and strategies to improve the quality of programs and services delivered.
- Analyzes programs to determine functional requirements and technical options for enhancement or improvements and develops plans for delivering products and services that meet customer requirements.
- Assists customers and stakeholders with questions regarding the organization’s products and services.
- Provides analytical assistance across CAO on critical projects and programs such as the performance and accountability report, customer satisfaction survey on administrative services (CSAT), business process reengineering, and other CAO-wide programs and processes as needed.
- Assists in managing GAO’s intranet, including overseeing day-to-day operations, planning for and presenting at regular governance group meetings, working with staff GAO-wide to communicate and highlight special events, analyzing Google Analytics data to identify user trends and patterns, and performing the role of quality assurance manager, as needed.
- Assist with managing GAO’s weekly notices program, including reviewing and editing submissions from all GAO offices, following up on any additional information needed, and assuring that the weekly notices are published accurately and on time, while also supporting other GAO-wide internal communications efforts.
- Serves as the CAO liaison to ISTS on technical issues related to the operation, maintenance, and improvement of GAO’s intranet.
- Occasional Travel
- Infrequent travel