VA-OIG's Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government.
Following the completion of program requirements, selectees may be considered for non-competitive conversion to a career-conditional or term appointment. All conversion requirements will be identified in the Participant Agreement. Program requirements include but are not limited to:
- Successful completion of at least 1-year
- Demonstration of successful job performance; and
- Meet the qualification standards for the position to which the Recent Graduate may be converted.
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Management and Program Analyst is located in the Office of Healthcare Inspections (OHI). This position has full responsibility for data operation and analysis for final reports and other reviews and evaluations. The incumbent applies computer programming skills and data operation knowledge to work with personnel within the OIG and VA. This includes, but is not limited to, translate the aims of the study projects into specific data requirements; develop complex, sophisticated, accurate queries in SQL to extract data from multiple large computer databases or Corporate Data Warehouse; and construct analytical files relevant to the underlying projects. General administrative duties are performed about 10% of the time.
Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Analyze performance data, such as translate the aims of the study projects into specific data requirements; develop complex, sophisticated, accurate queries in SQL to extract data from multiple large computer databases or Corporate Data Warehouse; and construct analytical files relevant to the underlying projects.
- Perform general administrative duties to support assigned program area and to ensure efficient operations and adherence to program policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Develop annual performance objectives and goals.
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month. Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens who are Recent Graduates and have completed a degree or certificate from a qualifying education institution within the previous 2 yrs. Veterans unable to apply within 2 yrs of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have a full 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. The eligibility period for veterans must be within 6 years of degree completion.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/460668000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.