Current and former Federal employees should apply to this announcement.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as an Information Technology Specialist (Test Team Member) within the Application Design and Development Branch (ADDB) and is responsible for developing, coordinating, and conducting software testing in support of Agency mission requirements.
The incumbent performs the following technical functions, but is not limited to:
- Develops, coordinates and conducts software testing cycles and activities in support of testing programs;
- Conducts test activities with other testers and end-users (i.e. system integration testing, user acceptance testing, regression testing and post deployment testing);
- Perform work load tasks assigned by Team Lead and supervisor;
- Develops and designs comprehensive and detailed test plans and test reports.
- Develop and review test documentation and defect tracking using automated tools includingTeam Foundation Server
- Creates, updates, reviews and maintains Systems Development Life Cycle(SDLC) testing documentation;
- Provides testing support, guidance and documentation reviews at various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle;
- Provides oversight and testing leadership for external contract development efforts and ensures adherence to testing procedures and SDLC;
- Coordinates and monitors performance testing efforts;
- Reviews business requirements for testability;
- Participates in project planning using Microsoft Project Server to ensure project plans include adequate test activities;
- Provides testing status, testing results and communicates risks; Creates and maintains standard test plan templates;
- Establishes processes and procedures for testing protocols;
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for appropriate methods of testing required to support requirements;
- Develops and manages regression testing using test automation software, tools and utilities including Microsoft Test Professional and HP Load Runner;
- Develops and recommends quality control criteria for testing processes and procedures;
- Evaluates new test software technologies and makes recommendations to streamline testing processes and procedures.
Occasional travel - Conferences, Training, Etc.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/460623800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.