About the Agency
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Office of Contract Operations, Research and Development Center, New London, CT.
You will serve as a senior contract specialist with complete responsibility for the development of acquisition strategy through contract execution, contract administration and contract closeout.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
Typical work assignments include:
* Developing acquisition plans, developing procurement administrative lead time milestones.
* Implementing approved contracting strategy to develop the solicitation document and/or request for quote.
* Developing the solicitation document, publicizing the requirement, analyzing offers received, preparing a negotiation position, evaluating technical and cost proposals, negotiating cost, fee or profit as well as resolving technical issues, and enters into a formal contract.
* Conducting extensive and sophisticated cost and pricing analyses.
* Performing contract administration through contract closeout
* Providing advice and guidance to technical customers.
If selected at the GS-12 grade level, you will perform the duties listed above with closer supervision.