The Senior Advisor (Tribal Relations) position is located within the Department of the Interior, Office of the Secretary, Office of Land Buy-Back. The Senior Advisor serves as the principal liaison and point of contact for Tribal Nations and stakeholder groups implementing land consolidation activities at eligible Reservations. The Senior Advisor cooperatively develops and proactively manages Reservation-specific strategies designed to reduce fractionation through outreach to individual Indian landowners.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
GS-13: $92,145-$119,794 per annum. GS-14: $108,887-$141,555 per annum.
First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
This vacancy is also announced as OS-1000-17-IB-014(DEU) for those applicants who wish to apply and be considered under Competitive Examining procedures.
This position will be located in Arlington, VA.
Weekend work may be required.
The Office of the Secretary has determined the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
*PLEASE NOTE: A permanent telework location may be approved at management's discretion. Salary will be set based on the locality rate for the duty station appointed.
This is a permanent, full-time, career/career conditional appointment.
At the full performance level (GS-14) the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1) Builds and fosters collaborative relationships with Tribal Nations, Tribal Organizations and stakeholder groups.
2) Serves as a primary contact for Tribal Nations, Tribal Organizations, and stakeholder groups to implement the land consolidation component of the Cobell Settlement.
3) Assists in developing and establishing partnerships with Tribal Nations through cooperative agreements and memorandums of agreement.
4) Utilizes data and information to draft strategic, multi-faceted outreach plans that increase awareness of the land consolidation program with individual Indian landowners.
5) Responsible for reporting recommended approaches, strategies and issues to Program Management to ensure successful implementation of the Buy-Back Program for Tribal Nations at eligible Reservations, including Tribal perspectives and ideas related to improvement.
75% or less - This position requires extensive travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion, VEOA, Special Hiring Authorities, ICTAP/CTAP)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/460481900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.