About the Agency
This vacancy is limited to the first 50 applications received and will close at midnight Eastern Time on the day this application limit is reached regardless of the closing date specified in this vacancy announcement. Any application received prior to midnight Eastern Time of the day the application limit is reached will be accepted and considered. You are strongly encouraged to submit all required supporting documents at the time of application should the vacancy close earlier than stated in this announcement due to the applicant limit being reached.
Salary NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
GS-05: $34,742 (Step 01) to $45,164 (Step 10)
GS-07: $43,037 (Step 01) to $55,948 (Step 10)
GS-05: $32,318 (Step 01) to $42,012 (Step 10)
GS-07: $40,033 (Step 01) to $52,043 (Step 10)
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Recent Graduate Program you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a recent graduate who has completed, within the previous two years, an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution such as an accredited technical or vocational school; a 2- or 4-year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum. Note: Certificate program is defined as post-secondary education in a qualifying educational institution equal to at least one academic year of full-time study that’s part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum; OR
- You must be currently enrolled in a qualifying degree program as described above AND expect to complete your degree requirements no later than December 2016. If you do not complete your degree requirements by December 2016 you will be ineligible for consideration under this program.
- Veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty; however, eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed 6 years from the date on which the degree or certificate was obtained. The date of release or discharge from active duty should be later than the date the degree or certificate was obtained.
As a Cartographer with the National Geospatial Technology Operations Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Participating in the implementation of mapping center production processes through adaptation of small digital cartographic applications.
- Assisting in acceptance testing of new digital mapping equipment.
- Interpreting map production standards and assisting in their modification.
- Investigating potential uses of spatial data and participating in implementation procedures and techniques to improve or enhance the data.
- Preparing production mapping status/production reports as well as the content and format of mapping center products.
USGS has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval. The official worksite for the selectee is the duty location identified in this vacancy announcement. The selectee will typically report to this location on a regular and recurring basis.
For additional information on our internal telework policy, please reference the Department of the Interior Telework Handbook at: http://www.usgs.gov/humancapital/pb/telework.html
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All qualified U.S. citizens that meet the eligibility requirements for the Pathways Recent Graduate Program as described below.
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.