It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 01/03/2017 - the DATE OF CLOSURE; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Auditor position, located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), Atlanta Field Office, is on an audit team that is responsible for planning and conducting financial and performance audits of VA programs, functions, and operations.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
-Identify the required audit coverage to accomplish objective and assist in the planning and coordination with team members who may be located in several geographic areas during an audit project.
- Develop new audit approaches where no precedents exist and/or develop creative solutions to controversial problems and resolve issues where governing laws and regulations are highly interpretive and/or precedents are nonexistent, obscure, or conflicting.
- Draft survey and audit debriefs describing results of work and prepares draft audit reports.
- Prepare and/or review work papers; assesses findings for incorporation into final audit report; develops audit findings; and ensures sufficient, competent, and relevant evidence is documented to support audit project findings.
- Represent the office on interagency task forces established to study specific audit procedures and processes or on joint projects with other OIG offices as required.
- Prepare various types of reports, briefings and testimony that cover all major financial and management aspects of VA programs.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/459930500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.