It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/29/2016; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Supervisory Auditor, located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), Bedford Field Office, is responsible for serving as a project manager and for managing a wide range of OAE projects including audits, evaluations, and reviews of VA programs and functions. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the Division Director in managing the administrative activities of the Division, and supervising a staff of auditors, management analysts, and support personnel.
As a Supervisory Auditor, you will:
- Plan, direct, coordinate, lead, counsel, and evaluate subordinate staff; ensure the timely performance of a satisfactory amount and quality of work; review work products of subordinates and accept, amend, or reject their work; plan work to be accomplished by subordinates; set priorities and prepare schedules for completion of work.
- Develop assignment workload data and prepare periodic assignment workload reports and forecast for planning and control purposes. Prepare periodic progress reports needed to support briefing requirements with senior government stakeholders.
- Oversees report preparation and ensures effectiveness of presentation, adequacy of supporting data, and conformance with policies and standards.
- Reviews audit programs, work papers, and reports in process to ensure adherence to the audit plan and prescribed policies and standards.
- Use the evidence developed during the review as well as negotiation and persuasion techniques to gain acceptance of results that are often in conflict with the desires and opinions of the officials of the activity under review.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/459754500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.