It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/29/2016; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Supervisory Management Analyst, located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), Bedford Field Office, is responsible for serving as a project manager and managing a wide range of OAE projects including audits, evaluations, and reviews of VA program and functions. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the Division Director in managing the administrative activities of the Division, and supervising a staff of auditors, management analysts, and support personnel.
As a Supervisory Management Analyst, you will:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work; assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees; evaluates work performance of subordinates.
- Develop assignment workload data and prepares periodic assignment workload reports and forecasts for planning and control purposes. Prepares periodic progress reports needed to support briefing requirements with senior government stakeholders.
- Oversee report preparation and ensure effectiveness of presentation, adequacy of supporting data, and conformance with policies and standards.
- Review programs, work papers, and reports in process to ensure adherence to the project plan and prescribed policies and standards.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for assigned staff; provide development and cross train staff to increase their abilities.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/459750700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.