This position is located in the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Chief Information Office (CIO). The incumbent is an IT Specialist in the Cybersecurity Division, Information Assurance team, and will be responsible for the Certification and Accreditation, and vulnerability monitoring of the OIG network.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the
Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with Disability
· Other Special Hiring Authority
· Interchange Agreement
· Executive Order 12721
· Military Spouse under Executive Order 13473
Duties as an IT Specialist (InfoSec) include but are not limited:
As a senior level specialist in the Information Assurance (IA) Group
- Develops, implements, maintains, and reviews an information security program to ensure compliance with DoD OIG policies, guidance, and standards, including Federal Information Security Act (FISMA) and other Information Assurance IA regulations and standards.
- Manage the DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) for OIG.
- Identify technical standards necessary to acquire, protect, manage, integrate, and secure IT systems.
- Coordinate certification and accreditation of centrally managed Information Systems and networks; test, verify and assure adequate security control.
- Handles Classified Message Incidents and reporting of malware infections in accordance with DoD policies.
- Performs and document results of feasibility requirements and studies of proposed IA application.
Occasional travel - less than 15% of travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/459468500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.