The Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency's (CIGIE) General Counsel (GC) serves as the legal advisor to, and advocate for, the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE) and reports to the CIGIE Executive Director. The GC renders definitive legal opinions on policy matters concerning CIGIE and is often called upon to give oral opinions and legal interpretations on matters which require immediate decisions. The GC also serves as the Designated Agency Ethics Officer (DAEO), and FOIA and Privacy Act (PA) Officer. Further, the GC provides legal advice to CIGIE's Integrity Committee and leads and supervises the CIGIE staff and efforts for the Integrity Committee working group, to include the review of policy and procedural matters, determining jurisdiction on matters, and advising on threshold matters relating to the Integrity Committee.
Please visit our website: www.ignet.gov
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: CIGIE Internal Merit Promotion Eligibles
You are eligible under merit promotion procedures if you meet one of the following criteria:
All Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service (VEOA); individuals eligible for VRA appointments; Schedule A candidates; and individuals with disabilities.Learn more about this agency
- Renders definitive legal opinions on policy matters concerning CIGIE and those involving CIGIE's authorities and responsibilities.
- Represents the CIGIE's interest to outside entities, including other Office of Inspector General, agency counsel, and with U.S. Attorney's offices.
- Renders advice and legal opinions on matters that have an impact on substantive and operational programs of CIGIE, including but not limited to: procurement and contracts, privacy, appropriations and other fiscal matters, employment, and the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Insures compliance by CIGIE staff with the requirements for ethics training and financial disclosure reporting and provides counseling for staff on conflict of interest situations.
- Manages the FOIA/PA program for CIGIE: receives FOIA and PA requests and appeals, manages the processing of FOIA and PA requests and appeals; handles related litigation; and manages the completion and submission of FOIA/PA mandated reports.
- Provides legal advice to the CIGIE Integrity Committee and leads and supervises the CIGIE staff and efforts for the Integrity Committee working group, to include the review of policy and procedural matters, determining jurisdiction on matters, and advising on threshold matters relating to the Integrity Committee.
Occasional travel - Travel will be minimal
Who May Apply
This job is open to…CIGIE Member Agency Employees Only
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/459360600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.