About the Position:
This position is located at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Hood, Texas Medical Library.
Ft. Hood is nicked The Great Place because of the quality of life the post and area offer Soldiers and their families. Ft. Hood covers a total of 340 sq. miles and rests in the beautiful "hill and lake" country of Central Texas, between Killeen and Copperas Cove. For those who enjoy the outdoors, Ft. Hood is the ideal location because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Still house, offer year round outdoor recreation activities. Please visit: http://pao.hood.army.mil/.
Ft. Hood rests in the beautiful hill and lake country of Central Texas approximately 60 miles north of Austin and 50 miles south of Waco. Because of the weather, outdoor recreation is available much of the year. Two lakes are only 15 minutes away. Affordable urban and suburban housing is readily available. Local colleges provide higher educational opportunities. The area is home to many churches, shopping centers, recreational facilities and fine restaurants. For more info, visit http://pao.hood.army.mil/.
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
- Serve as the Librarian-in-Charge for the Medical Library supervising library staff ranging from Technical Information Specialist, contact library employees, assigned military personnel, and volunteers.
- Responsible for the establishment of positions, the determination of special qualifications, and selection of employees.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the operations of the library and information program.
- Promote medical library services and information to assigned health care providers.
- Plan, develop, maintain and review all systems, methods, practices, and procedures required to provide library services in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Serve on the Education and Medical Library Committees.
Occasional travel - up to 5%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/458599600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.