If you are a status candidate, please apply under OA-17-02-KJ-MP.Learn more about this agency
Begin a challenging and exciting career with the Executive Office of the President (EOP) providing support to the President of the United States. The EOP has responsibility for tasks ranging from communicating the President's message to the American people to promoting our trade interests abroad. The EOP comprises the White House, Executive Residence, Office of the Vice President, Office of the United States Trade Representatives, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Office of National Drug Control Policy, Office of Management and Budget, National Security Council, Council on Environmental Quality, Council of Economic Advisers, and the Office of Administration. The Office of Administration (OA) provides a full array of customer-based services to the EOP. To learn more about OA, please visit http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/OA.
This position is located in the Executive Office of the President (EOP), Office of Administration (OA), Library and Research Services Division. The Reference Librarian provides information and research services to officials and staff of the Executive Office of the President (EOP). Subject areas referenced include government-wide and/or national and international issues relating to policy-making at the highest levels of the Executive Branch of the federal government.
**Notice: More than one selection may be made within 90 days of the issuance of the certificate, if additional vacancies occur.
Promotion to the next highest grade level is neither guaranteed nor implied.
As a Librarian (Reference) at the GS-1410, 9/11, you will perform the following:
- Responds to reference and research requests requiring provision of definitive and authoritative information. Uses primary and secondary sources to locate and select appropriate materials. Subject areas include political science, government, law, business administration, international relations and public administration.
- Performs literature searches and complies bibliographies, using both print and electronic resources and other databases.
- Aggregates content from a variety of sources and synthesizes information to create customized products for clients.
- Serves as web content manager for the library's intranet site and is responsible for maintaining, updating, and enhancing web content, which includes information about library services, research guides, news posts, database listings, homepage features, and more. This content may come in many formats, such as text, video, images, and audio.
- Responsible for coordinating regular web content contributions from other library staff to ensure that appropriate and fresh content is produced and posted in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the design and development of a wide range of user guides and training materials for EOP staff. Materials are created to assist clients in understanding how to use electronic resources or learn a library procedure.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/458491100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.