This position is located in Alexandria, VA with the Department of Defense, Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Office of Quality Assurance and Standards (QAS).
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with Disability
· Special Appointing Authority Eligibles
· Executive Order 12721
· Military Spouse under Executive Order 13473Learn more about this agency
- Conducts Quality Assurance Reviews (QAR) and special project reviews for compliance with professional standards and identify issues and trends that may affect the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Gathers and analyzes the audit, inspection, or assessment work of others to determine compliance with applicable Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE), Government Accountability Office (GAO), DoD, and other applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares project documentation and writes findings, actionable recommendations, draft and final report segments or complete reports, and other products in accordance with applicable CIGIE, GAO, and DoD OIG requirements. The project documentation and reports will be factually sound, clear, concise, and require minimal revisions.
- Prepares and presents briefings and recommendations to DoD OIG executive leadership.
- Prepares written and oral recommendations for conducting QARs and special project reviews of DoD OIG programs, published reports, or products to assess compliance with professional standards and DoD OIG policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - May require up to 10% temporary travel (TDY)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/458428200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.