THIS IS AN OPEN AND CONTINOUS ANNOUNCEMENT WITH A CLOSING DATE OF SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
· The initial cut-off date is December 30, 2016.
· Applications will be referred every two weeks thereafter.
· Applications will remain on file for 3 months.
Work Schedule: Multiple shifts between 7am-9pm, including holiday/weekend rotations.
Functional Statement: Pharmacy Technician (Outpatient) / 000000
***RELOCATION INCENTIVE/RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE/MOVING EXPENSES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***
The VA Palo Alto Health Care System has immediate openings for ONE (1) full-time Outpatient Pharmacy Technician position for the Palo Alto Division. The technician will rotate through various assignments, such as window coverage, prescription filing, robot filling, controlled substance filling, mail processing and telephone care program.
The major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Window coverage involves serving as the first line of communication between the outpatient pharmacy and patient, nurse, and/or other medical staff to address patient needs at the window or over the phone. This includes providing basic information regarding availability of drugs and dosage forms stocked in the pharmacy, location and status of previously requested refills, handing completed prescriptions to patients/caregivers, and informing patients on the procedures to obtain prescriptions.
· Prescription filling involves selecting medications from the shelf, counting the correct number of medications or medical supplies, prepackaging, reconstituting, and labeling as indicated for the prescription order.
· Robot filling involves restocking the Parata MAX robot, completing prescriptions filled by the robot and performing required cleaning and maintenance.
· Controlled substance filling involves selecting controlled substance medications, counting the correct number of drugs, and labeling as indicated for the prescription order. This also includes conducting required daily inventory, maintaining perpetual inventory of all controlled substances, and completing administrative paperwork.
· Mail processing includes preparing and coordinating prescriptions to be mailed to patients via US Postal Service or UPS and ensuring appropriate paperwork and chain of custody are maintained.