OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
The VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) consists of three inpatient facilities located at Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and Livermore, plus seven outpatient clinics in San Jose, Fremont, Capitola, Monterey, Stockton, Modesto, and Sonora. These facilities provide some of the world's finest medical care and cutting-edge technology.
VAPAHCS is a teaching hospital with an affiliation with the Stanford University School of Medicine which provides a rich academic environment including medical training for physicians in virtually all specialties and subspecialties. Our Health Care System operates over 800 beds, including three nursing homes and a 100-bed homeless domiciliary - all to serve more than 67,000 enrolled Veterans.
You can learn more about VAPAHCS by visiting http://www.paloalto.va.gov/about
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Current VA and/of Federal employees should apply under VK-17-SF-1865554-OCA-BU-R.
Current VA and/or Federal employees must submit their SF-50, Notificaiton of Personnel Action, at the time of application.
***NOTE: Declining to be interviews, failure to respond/accept interview attempts, or failure to report for a scheduled interview will be considered as a declination for further consideration for employment against this vacancy.***Learn more about this agency
THIS IS AN OPEN AND CONTINOUS ANNOUNCEMENT WITH A CLOSING DATE OF SEPTEMBER 29, 2017
· The initial cut-off date is December 30, 2016.
· Applications will be referred every two weeks thereafter.
· Applications will remain on file for 3 months.
Work Schedule: Multiple shifts between 7am-9pm, including holiday/weekend rotations.
Functional Statement: Pharmacy Technician (Outpatient) / 000000
***RELOCATION INCENTIVE/RECRUITMENT INCENTIVE/MOVING EXPENSES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***
The VA Palo Alto Health Care System has immediate openings for ONE (1) full-time Outpatient Pharmacy Technician position for the Palo Alto Division. The technician will rotate through various assignments, such as window coverage, prescription filing, robot filling, controlled substance filling, mail processing and telephone care program.
The major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Window coverage involves serving as the first line of communication between the outpatient pharmacy and patient, nurse, and/or other medical staff to address patient needs at the window or over the phone. This includes providing basic information regarding availability of drugs and dosage forms stocked in the pharmacy, location and status of previously requested refills, handing completed prescriptions to patients/caregivers, and informing patients on the procedures to obtain prescriptions.
· Prescription filling involves selecting medications from the shelf, counting the correct number of medications or medical supplies, prepackaging, reconstituting, and labeling as indicated for the prescription order.
· Robot filling involves restocking the Parata MAX robot, completing prescriptions filled by the robot and performing required cleaning and maintenance.
· Controlled substance filling involves selecting controlled substance medications, counting the correct number of drugs, and labeling as indicated for the prescription order. This also includes conducting required daily inventory, maintaining perpetual inventory of all controlled substances, and completing administrative paperwork.
· Mail processing includes preparing and coordinating prescriptions to be mailed to patients via US Postal Service or UPS and ensuring appropriate paperwork and chain of custody are maintained.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/458425200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.