This is NOT a full-time position. The number of hours required and the timeframe to be worked will be negotiated at the time of selection. This position does not have a normal schedule, but will be used to enable the University to meet various changes and surges in requirements. There is no minimum guaranteed hours of work for an intermittent position, and the total hours that will be required will not exceed 1000 hours per calendar year.
Are you ready to join a world class corporate university and take on the challenge of reaching over 100,000 learners worldwide? The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.
- Develop and conduct lectures. Develop and facilitate delivery of cases, simulations, and workshops
- Lead and facilitate student discussion, problem solving, and presentations/briefings
- Prepare course material (student and instructor) according to current instructional systems design technology and develop course schedules
- Develop and analyze student assessments and provide student counseling to insure the highest degree of learning
- Provide consulting services to acquisition programs and members of the acquisition workforce
- Participate in knowledge sharing opportunities across the acquisition workforce
- Occasional Travel
- Instruction is provided on the California, MD campus as well as Chester, VA and Norfolk, VA, and Sembach Germany which will require substantial travel (TDY)