It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/16/2016; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Management Analyst, located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), is responsible for evaluating Veterans Health Administration’s (VHA) major programs with significant resources and has a nationwide impact related to Access to Care programs and functions. The position is part of a team of up to 20 staff members of other management analysts, auditors, and support personnel that will conduct oversight audits, reviews, and evaluations, and prepare reports designed to evaluate and improve VHA’s Access to Care. All work is performed in accordance with VA, OAE, and OIG requirements, and applicable professional standards.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Prepare and conduct program surveys and evaluations to address specific objectives. Perform important segments of the performance audit, review, evaluation or inspection; and identify techniques or methods to use in in gathering data and documentation.
- Prepare and/or review that work papers are accurate, complete and correct and are prepared in accordance with OAE procedures and the Government Accountability Office Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), or the Council of the Inspector General on Integrity and Efficiency Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluations.
- Assign segments of the evaluation, review, inspection or audit to team members. Assess and discuss performance with subordinates, provides on the job training, and coaches and mentors others, as required.
- Draft survey and audit debriefs describing results of work and prepares draft audit reports.
- Prepare various types of reports, briefings and testimony that cover all major financial and management aspects of VA programs.
- Perform complex studies, research, and detailed analysis for audit topics that potentially lead to high interest projects.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/458280500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.