DoDEA, through its Community Strategic Plan has made a commitment to be among the world's leaders in education, enriching the lives of military- connected students and the communities in which they live. The mission to educate, engage and empower each student to succeed in a dynamic world is achieved through its five strategic goals of Student, School, Talent, Organization, and Outreach Excellence.
DoDEA is a major Department of Defense (DoD) Field Activity with worldwide scope. DoDEA plans, directs, coordinates, and manages the education programs for DoD dependents. DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
Visit our website at www.dodea.edu for more information!
If you are applying through Merit procedures, the following information applies to you:
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to:Current or Former Permanent Civilian Federal Employees in the Competitive Service; Displaced employees (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan - ICTAP eligible) within the Local Commuting Area; and individuals eligible for the following Special Appointing Authorities approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM): Veterans with a disability rating of 30% or more, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Eligible Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. (Click on the links for more information regarding eligibility for these special appointment authorities: http://archive.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp#6 or www.opm.gov/disability.)
If you are applying through Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) procedures, the following information applies to you:
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: All U.S. Citizens
As a Emergency Management Specialist you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage the DoDEA Emergency Management Program in accordance with DoD Instruction 6055.17. As the EMP manager, establish DoDEA overarching EMP policy and coordinate the assignment of EM program proponency to DoDEA Headquarters organizational elements.
- As the EMP manager, identify EMP deficiencies, recommend a prioritized action plan, and direct/coordinate program-related actions in accordance with DoDEA Director guidance.
- Program manager for the EM programs assigned to Operations, Plans, Legislation, and Policy Division (OPLP). For all such programs, establish and maintain EM program policy and procedures in accordance with DoD issuance requirements.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of EM program policy and procedures for EM programs assigned to other DoDEA Headquarters' organizational elements.
- Participates as a member of the DoDEA Headquarters Crisis Action Team, providing the Crisis Action Team policy and procedural guidance during the planning and execution of emergency-related exercises and events.
- As required, coordinate EMP training and exercise requirements with DoD, Combatant Commands (COCOMs), host installation commands and DoDEA Headquarters EM program leads.
Occasional travel - The Incumbent may be required to travel by military and/or commercial aircraft to a variety of stateside and overseas locations for meetings and conferences.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Status Candidates
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457734100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.