This position is located in the Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Crop Improvement and Genetics Unit, Albany, CA.Learn more about this agency
The mission of the Crop Improvement and Genetics Research Units is to apply genetics, genomics, molecular biology, bioinformatics, proteomics, and biotechnology to the improvement of agriculturally and economically important plants.
The primary purpose of the position is to develop and apply bioinformatics data algorithms, web-based representations, and server management methodologies for the USDA-ARS GrainGenes digital platform; and be responsible for bioinformatics analyses, ensuring smooth processing of GrainGenes servers, and visualizing biological data through the GrainGenes interface.
This is a term, time-limited appointment with an initial duration no less than 13 months and can be extended up to a total of 4 years.
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs bioinformatics analyses on biological data
- Ensures smooth, reliable, and secure operation of biological database computational infrastructure
- Participates in designing, maintaining, documenting, and monitoring processes and workflow related to genomic data acquisition, data maintenance, and data integrity.
- Serves as an informational resource on genomics database code and hardware, and provides guidance and assistance on the proper use and application of a biological database digital platform to users, team members, and researchers.
- Guides researchers, technicians, and others on sequence data quality assurance, storage, and extraction.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457631400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.