This position is with Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), and is located in Alexandria, VA. The incumbent is a Project Manager, performing a variety of project management, business planning, and resource management and reporting duties.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the
Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with Disability
· Other Special Hiring Authority
· Interchange Agreement
· Executive Order 12721
· Military Spouse under Executive Order 13473
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of IT projects to insure that established milestones are accomplished on time, within prescribed funding parameters, and in accordance with client business objectives. Manages IT projects through the entire project lifecycle; applies knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirements and to maintain control of project time, scope and costs. Coordinates the project through all of the project phases beginning in the project initiation and ending in project closure; ensures projects are in compliance with Federal, DoD and OIG regulations; and prepares reports for use to meet a variety of audiences. Monitors and reports on the status and progress of work; reviews completed work to see that the instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met.
2. Conducts analytical studies and reports project metrics and status using, earned value calculations, cost benefit analysis, performance charts and quantitative risk assessments. Provides all necessary documents and plans to leadership such as project proposals, project charters, scheduling plans, quality control plans, and communication management plans. Participates in a change control processes. Collects and analyzes data to support OIG long and short-term planning; ensures that projects have aligned budgets and resources and are operating in accordance with plans and policies; Responsible for monitoring project expenses: developing contractual documentation (Statements of Work (SOWs) and Performance Work Statements (PWS)); and evaluating contractor proposals and making recommendations for contract award and modifications.
3. Develops and maintains effective stakeholder relationships. Working with stakeholders to understand and manage projects. Working with stakeholders to understand and manage projects. Works with IT and business managers to effectively prioritize activities and achieve defined objectives. Translates business needs into project to provide optimal IT solutions. Acts as a strategic partner between the user community and the technical applications development staff and ensure appropriate product-related training and documentation are developed and made available to customers.
Occasional travel - 10% of travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457608700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.