Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1851341
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Current VA employees should apply under FQ-17-CLS-1854678-HT38
This Psychologist will the Patient Centered Care (PCC) Service Chief position, which is located within the Office of the Medical Center Assistant Director and as the liaison to the National Office of Patient Centered Care and Cultural Transformation (OPC&CT). The primary purpose of this position is to provide visioning, planning, management, and coordination for the implementation of patient centered and integrative health programs including incorporation and facilitation of broader OPCC&CT initiatives and to direct, develop, and manage the Integrative Health and Wellness (IHW) Program and associated research studies. The major duties are but not limited to:
- Directs, develops, and manages the Integrated Health and Wellness Programs, manages Patient Centered Care and Integrated Health and Wellness staff.
- Develops and executes Patient Centered Care budgets, facilitates grant funding of Patient Centered Care and Integrated Health and Wellness initiatives, chairs the Complementary and Integrative Health (CIP) Steering Committee and the Validation Subcommittee, and manages, facilitates, and coordinates patient centered care initiatives and performance measures across the hospital.
- Develops policy for Patient Centered, Integrative Health programming within a hospital setting as well as plans, coordinates, and partners with service departments to implement excellence in patient centered care and integrative health.
- Participate in strategic planning, marketing, outreach, proposal development, and grant facilitation, as well as facilitates the activation of special patient centered care and integrative health projects.
- Develops and implements program, policies, and procedures related to patient centered care and integrative health.
- Provides Oversight of Administrative and Programmatic Resources.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and consultation on staff wellness education and development, and manages an employee wellness program that provides massage, acupuncture, yoga, and health education for staff.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Functional Statement Title/#: Psychologist Program Manager Patient Centered Care Service Chief
Basic Requirements:The work is primarily sedentary. The employee may sit comfortably in an office or clinic to perform the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, stooping, bending, and carrying light items such as papers, books, etc. The position requires emotional and mental stability, hearing (aid permitted), working alone, and working closely with others. This position required a current, valid driver's license due to required travel to Veterans' homes.
Citizenship. Be a citizen of the United States. (Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3g, this part)