This position is also being advertised for candidates with Merit Promotion eligibility (Status Candidates). It can be found on www.usajobs,gov. Search for Vacancy Announcement number NPS-WASO-17-1855957(KB) or by title/series and location.
This position falls under the Cultural Resource Directorate, Office of Science, Technology, and Training, Media Outreach Program. This position is housed at NCPTT in Natchitoches, LA.
This position has promotion potential to the target grade of GS-13. You may be promoted to the next higher grade without further competition when all statutory and regulatory requirements have been met, performance is satisfactory and promotion is recommended by the supervisor. Promotion to the next higher grade is not guaranteed and is contingent upon the above criteria. Management may select at any of the grade levels announced.
Physical Demands: The work is primarily sedentary requiring only occasional lifting and moving of computer and other graphic generating equipment (up to 40 lbs) incident to troubleshooting or upgrading equipment. Travel will be required 3-4 nights per month.
Work Environment: The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT RECEIVE FULL CONSIDERATION. Please read the entire announcement before you apply. To view the entire announcement, select "Print" above "Job Summary."Learn more about this agency
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs unique graphic design and publication duties by independently conceiving and producing graphic materials and themes for the communication of desired information for complex and high profile and sensitive projects related to the development, organization, and production of various Cultural Resources Directorate products, including publications, both online and print, videos, training materials, promotional materials, special resource studies and management plans, and other uniquely conceived ways to deliver dynamic cultural resources information to the NPS , other federal agencies and the general public.
- Coordinates the design and development of websites, interactive features, mobile applications, and new media projects.
- Manage day-to-day operations of internal and external websites including design, maintenance, and content administration, providing user support, instruction, documentation using various tools and software applications.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts in parks, regions, networks and with partners to develop and maintain content of web pages (intranet/internet) and social media sites (i.e. Twitter Facebook, blogs).
- Manages the lifecycle of media projects from concept development through implementation and operations/maintenance.
- Designs, develops, maintains, and updates software and database applications using various common programming languages (e.g. ColdFusion, ASP.net, Share-Point, Java Script, PHP, HTML, CSS) to meet user needs and specifications.
- Develops proposals and recommendation for developing, acquiring, and modifying software and database application for the web.
- Prepare costs estimates and performs cost/benefit analyses for new commercial, off the shelf application and modifications.
- Serves as Contracting Officer's Representative, Contracting Officer's Technical Representative.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457532300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.