About the Position:
This position is located on Schofield Barrack, Hawaii which is nestled at the foot of the Waianae mountain range on the island of Oahu. Schofield Barrack is located a few miles from the towns of Wahiawa and Mililani and is 17 miles from Honolulu. Oahu is the third largest island in the Hawaiian chain. It is home to about three-fourths of the state's population. Honolulu is the state capitol and the 11th largest U.S. metropolitan city. Waikiki, the most world-renowned site in Oahu, is the top visitor destination of the state. The island is very geographically diverse with mountains, rainforests, volcanic craters, tropics, beaches and much more. For more information about Hawaii and the island of Oahu, visit: http://www.hvcb.org/ and http://www.garrison.hawaii.army.mil/.
* 12.05% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) is currently authorized.
* Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
As the Emergency Plans Officer you will perform the following duties:
- Prepare installation plans in support of continuity of operations, survival measures and disaster contingencies and develop emergency action plans and procedures.
- Perform research of regulations, program documents, circulars, LOI's, TDA's, etc. to ensure that plans reflect consistent application of operations and command doctrine, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as the USARPAC/IMCOM-PAC planning agent and member and recorder of the Joint Armed Services/State of Hawaii Civil Defense Coordinating Committee (JAS/SHCDCC) concerned with disaster preparedness and employment of military support during domestic emergency operations.
- Provide military planning, training assistance and guidance to state military forces and civil authorities in preparation of their plans.
- Maintain functional reference files of all Hazards Plans for use during emergency operations and for use during planning.
- Prepare and participate in joint exercises, preplanning, OPLAN/CONPLAN tests critiques and after-action reports for the Commander, USAG-HI and/or higher headquarters.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel required to meet mission requirements.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457495400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.