About the Agency
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINE: It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in this announcement. As a result the announcement will close at 11:59 PM EST on the date of receipt of the 50th application or at 11:59 PM EST on December 05, 2016; whichever occurs first.
This position is located in the Oceanic and Atmospheric Reaserch (OAR) Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) with one vacancy in Plainsboro, NJ.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZA-2 is equivalent to the GS-09. The ZA-3 is equivalent to the GS-11/12.
The full performance level of this position is ZA-3.
If you are selected for a position with further promotion potential, you may be non-competitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management.
This position is also announced under vacancy number OAR-GFDL-2017-0006, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
* This vacancy may be used to fill other Administrative Support Specialist, ZA-0301-2/3 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As an Administrative Support Specialist, you will perform the following duties:
- Guide management and staff with classification, job grading, and position control, recruitment and retention, and personnel actions. Coordinate and execute the Lab’s performance management system.
- Coordinate suitability checks, including eQip, SAC, NACI, and BI, for personnel requesting physical access to the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL), logical access to NOAA’s Research and Development High Performance Computing System, or both.
- Coordinate access requests for Foreign Nationals to visit GFDL between the Department Sponsor, the foreign national, OAR HQ, NOAA CAO's Office, NOAA’s OCIO’s Office, and the DOC Office of Security
- Responsible for implementation of administrative support such as personal property accountability and/or disposal, contract services, office equipment, messenger and mail services, consumable supply distribution operation, labor services, procurement, travel, safety/health, guards services and/or other administrative programs and services.
- Coordinate travel for GFDL staff, including facilitating the travel request and approval process, group travel authorization, creating Travel Authorizations, making travel arrangements, coordinating with Ad Trav, arranging for official passports and visas, coordinating with NOAA's Travel Office and OAR HQ, vouchering out travelers, and responding to travel related data calls.
These duties are described at the FPL ZA-3, the ZA-2 is developmental leading to such performance.