*Significant interest is anticipated; early cut-off for applicant consideration (includes all application documents) will be Nov 29, 2016, 11:59pm ET. Applications received after the early cut-off will be considered as needed*. The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
The IRS Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Selectees are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government. Following the successful completion of program requirements, you may be considered for non-competitive conversion to a career-conditional or term appointment. All conversion requirements will be identified in the Participant Agreement. Program requirements include but are not limited to:
-Successful completion of at least 1-year of continuous service;
-Completion of at least 40 hours of interactive training;
-Demonstration of successful job performance;
-and meet the qualification standards for the position to which the Recent Graduate may be converted.
If selected, you will be placed in a position as an Information Technology Specialist, GS-2210, Career Ladder 5/7/9/11/12 in the IT Division.
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of the IRS Technology department is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE PATHWAYS PROGRAM?
For additional information regarding the Pathways Program, please refer to the following website: www.usajobs.gov/StudentsAndGrads
75 Positions may be filled in any of the following locations: Austin, TX; Farmers Branch, TX; Detroit, MI; Kearneysville, WV; Memphis, TN; New Carrollton, MD; Ogden, UT. The anticipated start date is February 2017.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. You will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this developmental position. As an Information Technology Specialist (General Program) you will:
- Lead local implementation of large-scale projects, involving major nationwide systems. Identify computer requirements and limitations to help define user problems and needs.
- Provide technical advice and assistance on all projects, especially those with local impact.
- Perform feasibility studies of proposals, considering costs and benefits. Lead or participate in long range or major implementation initiatives, and coordinate local activities associated with all or most phases of planning, implementation, and evaluation of mainframe systems.
- Lead local projects to analyze requests for new programs and modifications of existing programs. Determine how the system should be organized and what equipment demands will result. Identify specific data elements, program layouts, interrelationships, sequences, and internal logic upon decision to automate. Code, test, debug, coordinate, and document the application.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to other technical analysts and technicians regarding system design and development, alternative processing methods and improvements, file design and organization, access methods, security requirements, and associated software and utility programs.
- Recommend technological and procedural solutions to improve operational efficiency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at ww.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - Travel 1 to 5 nights/month may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to U.S. Citizens who are Recent Graduates and have completed a degree or certificate from a qualifying education institution within the previous 2 yrs. Students who are within 9 months of graduating may apply. Veterans as defined in 5 USC 2108 unable to apply within 2 yrs of receiving their degree due to military service obligation have a full 2-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. The eligibility period for veterans must be within 6 years of degree completion
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457366200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.