Transportation and Marketing (TM) consists of three business lines - transportation research and analysis, local food marketing research and technical assistance, and competitive grants administration that support the orderly marketing of agricultural products and promote wholesale and direct marketing opportunities.Learn more about this agency
The Marketing Services Division is responsible for conducting and supporting market research and analysis of agricultural marketing channels, processes and methods, and providing planning and design recommendations for agricultural marketing facilities, in order to facilitate the efficient and economical distribution of U.S. food and fiber products, primarily locally produced and distributed agricultural products.
Salary Information: First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lowest rate of the salary range.
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides consultations, designs, drawings incorporating applicable design standards, codes, techniques, and practices which have potential impact on buildings, facilities and functional operations.
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in architecture, engineering and related disciplines.
- Collaborates with architectural and engineering firms and in-house design staff to assure that site-specific architectural requirements are satisfied and all technical requirements are coordinated.
- Recommends changes to plans or specifications developed by contract architects, engineers and others, and prepares comments.
- Writes design articles in lay-person language for agricultural and community planning/development press.
- Periodically develops blogs to market services to more general audiences.
- Writes or participates in writing journal articles in architectural review publications.
- Makes clear written and oral presentations and communications to governmental conferences, tribal groups, and other organizations, as required.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and work assignments may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457203900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.