It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/05/2016; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Government Information Specialist, located in the Office of Inspector General, is responsible to advise VAOIG management and ensure compliance with Federal laws governing the flow of information.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Perform research for and analysis and evaluation of data submitted for inclusion or exclusion in response to simple, complex, and expedited requests for information.
- Negotiate with submitters and with requestors of records to find mutually acceptable solutions.
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies, and guidance to provide access to Federal agency records and information while ensuring protected information is appropriately disclosed. Develop, implement, and maintain privacy policies and procedures. Develop VAOIG policy and procedures with regard to the administration of FOIA.
- Communicate with VAOIG components to identify documents responsive to FOIA and PA requests. Serve as a liaison to external customers and recipients to clarify and resolve issues.
- Compile information and provide input for response to congressional requests.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457175400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.