The purpose of this position is to provide a wide range of professional economic analysis within the Office of International Affairs. Specifically, the incumbent: (a) monitors and assesses international economic developments; (b) analyzes international economic developments and policies; (c) provides briefings and policy recommendations on international economic or financial developments; and (d) comments on and ensures that policy materials are of a consistently high quality.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Prepares international economic background and briefing material for senior executive branch officials to use in intergovernmental and international meetings.
- Coordinates briefing material and negotiating positions with other offices and agencies in the executive branch to ensure accuracy, currency, coherence, and completeness.
- Analyzes international economic and monetary issues and policy recommendations at the request of senior Treasury officials for intended and unintended economic effects.
- Participates in substantive aspects of formulating and implementing Department of the Treasury and U.S. Government policies pertaining to international economic organizations.
- Ensures that materials prepared by others satisfy the quality protocols and requirements expected of high-level international economic briefings.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457014800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.