DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Labor, Office of the Inspector General, Office of Labor Racketeering and Fraud Investigations (OLRFI), Headquarters office. OLRFI's mission is twofold: (1) to conduct criminal investigations relating to programs and operations of the Department of Labor in order to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in such programs and operations; and (2) to identify and reduce labor racketeering and corruption in employee benefit plans, labor-managment relations, and internal union affairs, and to investigate activity by traditional and nontraditional organized crime groups that adversely affect the American worker.
- This position is at the full performance level.
- This position is outside the bargaining unit.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) will NOT be offered.
- This position will not be filled until the Department's Placement Assistance Programs have been fully Utilized.
The major duties are:
- Develops and recommends to the Special Agent-in-Charge policies, procedures and systems relative to administrative support services and in formulating and implementing OLRFI policies and procedures to affect efficient and effective administrative support for all OLRFI administrative activities.
- Ensures the accuracy and timely completion of multiple reporting activities including human resources/financial planning; significant event reports; consensual monitoring, law enforcement authority; statistical accomplishments; confidential funds, and case summaries for IG semi-annual reporting.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinate staff, sets goals and priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work. Assigns work to subordinates based on difficulty of assignments and staff capabilities. Evaluates work performance of subordinates and provides technical advice and assistance to resolve problems.
- As the division administrative chief to OLRFI management, provides guidance on the management and use of OLRFI financial, human resources, automation, and physical resources, and on administrative policies, practices, and procedures. Plans, directs, manages, and evaluates OLRFI administrative activities.
- Develops the OLRFI regional financial plans and participates in periodic briefings with the DAIG and the AIG to discuss the status and potential issues; assists with the timely completion of all human resource activity for OLRFI nationwide to include periodic discussions with the SACs, monthly OMAP meetings; and briefings with the DAIG and AIG.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All current, federal Department of Labor, Office of the Inspector General (OIG) employees with competitive status. CTAP eligibles in the local commuting area. Qualified Land Management Eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/456471600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.