This position is located in the Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO) Marine Operations Center-Pacific with one vacancy in Newport, OR.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-4 is equivalent to the GS-13/14.
The full performance level of this position is ZP-4.
This position is also announced under vacancy number OMAO-MOCP-2017-0004, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year supervisory probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is authorized.
* Payment of moving expenses is authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
* This vacancy may be used to fill other Supervisory General Engineer, ZP-0801-4 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Supervisory General Engineer, you will perform the following duties:
- Ensure the development and execution of vessel life-cycle and annual maintenance plans; evaluate processes to increase reliability and reduce life cycle costs of shipboard systems over the expected life of the equipment; maintain ship configuration; and assure that all ships’ equipment and systems comply with US Coast Guard (USCG) regulations and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) requirements and certifications.
- Serve as a liaison with other offices to coordinate actions and facilitate information exchange.
- Develop and manage long and short term budget plans of up to $15 million for the life-cycle and annual maintenance of a fleet of 5-6 ships; oversee the development of acquisition plans and allocate resources for ship repair projects; and ensure repairs meet cost requirements.
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team to ensure execution of projects within time and budget constraints.
Occasional travel - Up to 20% of domestic travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…* Current Federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service;
* Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
* CTAP/ICTAP eligibles;
* Applicants eligible under special hiring authorities; and
* Veterans who are preference eligible, or separated from the U.S. Armed Forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service, may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/456387100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.