This is a Career/Career-Conditional full-time appointment.
Number of Vacancies: We expect to fill one vacancy at this time; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional similar vacancies.
Full Performance Level: GS-09Please read the entire announcement before you apply. To view the full announcement, select "Print Preview" at the right hand side of this screen. Learn more about this agency
- Database development and management: Develops and manages tabular (MSACCESS) and spatial (ArcGIS) database systems under the guidance of the SFCN Data Manager for the long-term maintenance, analysis and dissemination of natural resource-related data sets produced by past and forthcoming inventory and monitoring efforts. Assures that metadata for these data sets is complete, current, and in compliance with FGDC standards.
- GIS Support: Works with SFCN Data Manager to provide GIS and GPS support for SFCN field crews and to develop GIS and GPS applications for vital signs and inventories. Assists in designing and developing global positioning system (GPS) data dictionaries, spatial data inventories, and cross linkages to ensure software and data structure compatibility. Provides basic training to SFCN staff on use of GPS and other basic data management related Standard Operating Procedures as assigned.
- Web page development and maintenance: Develops and maintains network webpage and updates as necessary.
- Outreach and Editing Reports: Assists in developing outreach materials. As assigned, writes text and/or prepares maps, illustrations, basic analyses, summaries and graphs to produce products for inventory and monitoring projects and annual reports and works actively with program staff to produce the same. Serves as assistant editor for reports, plans, manuscripts, brochures, and popular articles written by program staff.
- Additional SFCN team support: Assists with maintaining network infrastructure as related to SFCN computing needs. Ensures the security and currency of systems hardware and software, including system administration and maintenance. Assists field crews when needed in making field observations of natural resource conditions.
ADDITIONAL DUTY LOCATION INFORMATION:
Position Location: South Florida/Caribbean Inventory and Monitoring Network, Palmetto Bay, Florida. Please visit http://www.nps.gov/sfcn for more information.
Occasional travel - For training, meetings and site visits.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/456070000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.