About the Agency
** This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the date the first (100) applications are received or on Monday, November 21, 2016, whichever comes first.**
This vacancy is for a Survey Statistician in the American Community Survey within the Field Division located in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line - Suitland Station.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Read the `Who May Apply` section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see FLD-2017-0013, Suvey Statistician, GG-1530-13, Census-CB-MMW.
This position may be ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
Relocation expenses may be paid.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Identify customers' needs and act upon customers' request promptly. Respond to customer request and acknowledge customer's issues and concerns. Conduct additional research if required. Keep customer apprised of progress until closure is reached.
- Develop cost models for survey projects based on assumptions that are activity based, historically verifiable, and/or provided by the supervisor.
- Organize instructional conferences (surveys, video, telephone) and develop related materials using specifications to meet the expectations and needs of the audience.
- Supervise team activities for the review and evaluation of relevant issues as they pertain to the data collection programs; oversees, and collaborates with internal and external sponsors in preparation of the technical materials and training used for survey Supervisor and Field Representatives; strives to improve and increase knowledge base of peers, assistants and superiors in effective processes so as to create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.