About the Agency
This vacancy is for an Assistant Regional Census Manager position in the Chicago Regional Office located in Oak Brook, Illinois.
Read the `Who May Apply` section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see CHICAGO RO-2017-0011, Assistant Regional Census Manager, GG-0301-13/14, CENSUS-MP-JMW.
Relocation expenses will be paid.
The position will be filled as a Term Appointment Not-To-Exceed (NTE) 2 years with a possible extension of 2 years.
The work schedule for this position is Mixed Tour. With a Mixed Tour work schedule, an employee may be changed between full-time, part-time and intermittent work schedules to accommodate fluctuating workloads and is subject to a signed agreement.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Supervise, lead, provide technical direction to, and observe staff who perform work related to data collection operations.
- Evaluate employee performance and maintain performance plans and initiate reward or disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Perform or direct the recruiting, interviewing, testing, selection, and induction of new employees.
- Provide analytical, technical and logistical support on data collection operations in the Regional Census Center and review and analyze cost and progress reports of all census activities.
- Communicate, advise, and conduct meetings/presentations to internal and external stakeholders, management and staff.