About the Agency
This vacancy is for a Program Manager in the Demographic Statistical Methods Division (DSMD) located in Suitland, Maryland. The Census Bureau is accessible from the Metro Rail Green Line - Suitland Station.
This vacancy is advertised under 2 different announcements. Read the `Who May Apply` section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see DSMD-2016-0009, Program Manager, GS-0340-14, Census-MP-MMW .
This position may be ELIGIBLE for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
Relocation expenses may be paid.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Research and implement the most cost effective technologies available to update the MAF (Master Address File) and assess its quality in order to support current survey frame-related requirements.
- Develop flexible sample selection programs for household surveys that are able to incorporate program changes such as sample expansion or reductions on an annual basis using updated MAF. Examine approaches for increasing users' understanding of product quality and implications for their decision-making.
- Refresh the business processes that support reimbursable surveys, report and provide timely updates on survey commitments and performance.
- Provide leadership and direction for the different initiatives. Specifically, the responsibilities will consist of ascertaining the appropriate experts, developing teams, and building commitment and accountability with partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure consensus on the scope and content of the research agenda, design, and implementation strategies for the upcoming redesign.