This position is placed in the Regional Recruitment Office under the jurisdiction of the Office of Volunteer Recruitment and Selection, Peace Corps. The incumbent serves as Volunteer Recruiter under the direct supervision of the Regional Recruitment Supervisor and subsequently the Regional Manager. The purpose of the position is to expand Peace Corps program awareness to new markets and recruit qualified applicants for volunteer services in the Peace Corps, including diversity recruitment. The position will build strategic and targeted relationships with community groups, minority-serving organizations, and other stakeholders to meet the Agency’s volunteer recruitment efforts. The incumbent will use traditional as well as digital and social recruiting techniques to proactively recruit qualified applicants for the Agency’s volunteer program. The position may be located throughout the U.S. at one of the Peace Corps locations, or may work remotely from an alternate workstation.Learn more about this agency
The Recruiter performs the following major duties:
- Seeks out qualified applicants both in-person and virtually and encourages qualified individuals to submit applications for Peace Corps service.
- During execution of their written recruitment plans, the incumbent disseminates informational material to a wide range of groups including applicants, general public, news media, students and community groups.
- Manages the Agency's presence on job boards and social networking sites like LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, Indeed and other related sites.
- Compiles status reports, at the direction of the Regional Recruitment Supervisor or Regional Manager, detailing recruitment activities in their territories and progress towards meeting assigned goals.
- With direction from Regional Supervisor or Regional Manager, plans and coordinates campaigns, creates campaign budgets within established budget limits and submits requests for purchases.
- Performs straightforward and non-controversial tasks to assist the Contract Officer Representative (Regional Manager) in the development and maintenance of relationships with various academic stakeholders.
Occasional travel - This position may require significant travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. CITIZENS
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/455700000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.