USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) helps America’s farmers and ranchers conserve the Nation’s soil, water, air and other natural resources. We need people who want to apply their education and experience to make sure we all enjoy the benefits of productive soil, clean water, clean air, and abundant wildlife that come from a healthy environment. “Helping People Help the Land” www.nrcs.usda.gov
There is 1 vacancy available in the following location: Davis, CA. The incumbent will serve as a Rangeland Management Specialist providing statewide leadership in rangeland science, conservation planning, and application on vast acres of rangeland.
- Provides leadership to all state, area, and field technical staff in rangeland science and rangeland management.
- Assists soil scientists in the correlation of soil-vegetative interpretations.
- Develops needs and plans for field trials on problems related to range and related grazing lands, evaluates results of trials.
- Helps develop new and improved training techniques, procedures, visual aids, and devices and provides on-the-job training for groups and individuals.
- 25% or Greater
- Travel is required approximately 25% of the time.