It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 11/17/2016; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Supervisory Auditor (Quality Assurance), located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), is responsible for directing, managing, and supervising the Quality Assurance Division’s operations and staff members.
As a Supervisory Auditor, you will:
- Coordinate and direct the development and preparation of OAE’s component of the External Peer Review, annual Quality Assurance Plan, and Quality Control Reviews, Independent Referencing and Review, as well as Budget initiatives.
- Develop OAE segments of OIG Strategic Plans for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of VA programs.
- Provide and ensure that OAE quality assurance initiatives are reviewed, edited, and coordinated with other OIG operational components. Throughout the quality assurance planning process, coordinates effectively with OAE top management, OAE divisions, and other OIG operational components.
- Coordinate the prioritization of audit work in consideration of risks, vulnerabilities, stakeholder requests, financial impact and the potential to make recommendations that can lead to positive improvements in services to veterans.
- Coordinate and maintain a prioritized and balanced inventory of projects for quality control reviews or quality assurance reviews.
Occasional travel - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/455449300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.